Co-Founding an Empowering Process to Greet Divorce and its Challenges
Through their professional and personal experiences, Karen Chellew and Catherine Shanahan have created a unique and comprehensive process that greets divorce in a whole new way – a way that empowers those who experience this major life transition. Our mission is simple: to help people move through the divorce process with clarity and confidence so they can make the rest of their lives the best of their lives.
My Divorce Solution has been proudly featured in a number of digital and print publications including The Washington Times, The Wichita Eagle and more.
“God doesn’t have feet or hands on this earth, but he has women like you to help a woman like me.”
“Finally, someone is finally giving me a solution so that I can move on. Thank you!”
“Attending your divorce workshop was inspiring, and I just want to thank you for sharing your advice, knowledge, and personal stories.”
“I never knew there was someone that does what you do. Your services are so needed, and I’m so happy I met you.”
“It’s so nice to talk to someone who understands. Thank you for helping me to understand a little better too.”
What is a Legal Liaison?
A Legal Liaison is a person who serves as a link between you, your attorney and the entire divorce team. Your Legal Liaison utilizes a network of experts to assure that every step of your is divorce is professionally executed in order to make the process as streamlined and efficient as possible.
The Legal Liaison provides hands-on assistance and support by keeping track of details, facilitating communication among the team so that everyone is in the loop, tracking documentation and information, and monitoring the progress of your divorce with the goal of a successful conclusion. If your divorce is already in process, a Legal Liaison may also step in at any point of an ongoing case to provide these critical services.
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA)
After 25 years in the financial industry, having raised five children and endured her own experience with divorce, Catherine became a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and trained mediator. A Professional Daily Money Manager (PDMM), Catherine is also a member of the Bucks County Collaborative Law Group, American Association of Daily Money Managers (AADMM) the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and the Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP).
What is a CDFA?
A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) professional is someone who comes from a financial planning, accounting or legal background and goes through an intensive training program to become skilled in analyzing and providing expertise related to the financial issues of divorce. The CDFA professional:
Becomes part of the divorce team, providing litigation support for the lawyer and client, or becomes a member of a Collaborative Law team. In either event, the CDFA professional will be responsible for:
- Identifying the short- and long-term effects of dividing property
- Integrating tax issues
- Analyzing pension and retirement plan issues
- Determining if the client can afford the matrimonial home—and if not, what might be an affordable alternative
- Evaluating the client’s insurance needs
- Establishing assumptions for projecting inflation and rates of return
- Bringing an innovative and creative approach to settling cases
The CDFA professional also:
- Provides the client and lawyer with data that shows the financial effect of any given divorce settlement
- Appears as an expert witness if the case should go to court, or in mediation or arbitration proceedings
- Is familiar with tax issues that apply to divorce
- Has background knowledge of the legal issues in divorce
- Is trained to interview clients so as to:
- Collect financial and expense data
- Help clients identify their future financial goals
- Develop a budget
- Set retirement objectives
- Identify what kind of lifestyle they want and can afford
- Determine the costs of their children’s education
Our Results Speak for Themselves
Saved for Clients
Combined Years in Business
Schedule Your Consultation Today!